Monday, December 31, 2012

Reflecting.

I'm sitting here at work sipping a latte and reflecting on this past year. Everyone is blogging about their Best Of 2012, or their future plans for 2013, and it has prompted a peek back into the last 12 months. It really feels like last week when Kyle proposed and I whined about having to wait a year and a half to marry him. Now, with a little over four months to go, I can't believe how it has breezed by.

It's incredible to me how fast time goes by as you get older. I remember my childhood feeling like an eternity and now I have to dig through my memory to remember happenings of that era. I'm young and not too concerned (yet) about aging, but it sure does tug at your heart a little to know that your youth is so fleeting. Which is why I vow to make the next few years of my 20's extremely fun and full of youthful adventure.

I haven't had a chance to really think about my goals/resolutions for 2013. So until I figure out my plan for the new year, here's a look back at the last 12 months. 

January:
Met my niece for the very first time. She was so teeny.
I was also still working at Sbux, and hating waking up before the sun.
My last semester of college started in January.

February:
Kyle's 23rd Birthday! We celebrated up in Phoenix and had a blast. 
He also traveled to the Massachusetts location of Canyon Ranch for work.
I missed him a ton so I watched Gossip Girl and ate a ton of candy..haha.
Was Kyle's Valentine for the 6th year in a row. 

March: 
Participated in the Race for the Cure with my girl Chyna.
Hiked more than usual. 
Thrifted more than usual. 
Generally spent a lot of time working/at school. 

April:
Colored eggs!
Purchased my graduation gown/hat/tassel.
Tried to stay sane while taking finals/wedding planning/going through a family transition.

May:
I graduated from college! YAY!
This whole month was a blur. 
I spent a lot of time at an internship and studying for finals. 

June:
I turned 22! So-long 21. 
Finalized our venue selection.
Began hunting for bridesmaid's dresses.

July:

Moved back in with my parents in hopes of saving some money (hah).
BBQ'd.
Spent lots of time with family and Kyle.

August: 
Did our Caterer taste test!
Bought a vail.
Worked a bunch.

September:
Nothing really happened in Septmeber to be honest...
Except for the Monsoons...
 and I did work out a ton! haha.

October:
Baby Brother's sweet 16!
Zombie walk up in phoenix/hung with my Sis and her Hubby.
Enjoyed a quiet Halloween at home.

November:
6 year anniversary! Love you Kyle.
Worked Thanksgiving (which sucked), ate great food (which didn't suck).
Made our first HUGE purchase as an engaged couple on Black Friday!
November is our favorite month :)

December:
Engagement photos by The Langs.
Baking, eating, fires, baking, scarves, hang outs, eating, eating, and now New Years Eve!


2012, you were pretty cray. There were plenty of ups and a few downs. I am really hoping 2013 will be the best year ever. I certainly have a TON to look forward to!

xo-Meg

No comments:

Post a Comment