Sunday, June 12, 2011

Baking Adventures

This recipe can be found in Jill O'Connor's baking book, "Sticky, Chewy, Messy, Gooey: Desserts for the Serious Sweet Tooth"

In the spirit of summer and a BBQ coming up in a few hours at my casa, I decided to bake a tasty treat out of my new favorite baking book! Every recipe in this book makes my mouth water and I can't wait to try my hand at all of them. Today I picked the recipe for some mighty tasty blondies. A blondie is a chewy, sweet, treat similar to a brownie. This particular version is chalked FULL of toasted nuts. 

Le Process:
We melted the butter with the brown sugar in a saucepan over med heat until it was combined and bubbling slightly.

While that was a brewin', we combined the eggs, salt, and vanilla extract.
 Once the brown sugar mixture was cooled down a bit, we combined it with the egg/vanilla/salt mixture. Then, we mixed the flour and baking powder and tossed it in with the wet ingredients.
Once we had the dough, we threw all of the rest in (the good stuff!) and stirred to combine.

Pour the "dough" into a 13x9 pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 min until the middle feels firm and the signature brownie "crackle" has formed on the surface.

Let cool and ENJOY!

The rest of the BBQ shenanigans: 

FUN x10000000. I love summer :) Thank Jesus for my sis' Nikon being in town along with her ;)


3 comments:

  1. Whoo hoo for summer! Your recipe looks awesome and I love your layout of the whole thing! Good job!

    Any leftovers? I'm too lazy to make dinner! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. mm that recipe looks good. i'll have to try it sometime :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the name Blondie for cake haha. Im allergic to chocolate so Blondies Forever! Nice blog :-)

    ReplyDelete