Wednesday, March 2, 2011

I've been stabbed...

Ok, not really...but I did experience my very 1st acupuncture treatment!
Larry was my acupuncturist(?) and he was awesome. Tucson is full of unique people who are well versed in these kinds of crafts! I ended up sitting in a giant, extremely soft and comfy chair, while Larry inserted needles in my arms, legs, and here's the doozy....MY HEAD. I was surprised at how little I felt. Larry instructed me to lay still for about 45 minutes (aka take a glorious nap) which I did without complaint. I had such a tiring day today, so I instantly slept. I woke up and my arms/legs felt numb! Not an uncomfortable kind of numb, but a deeply relaxed numbness that I have never felt before. I figured he would be by any second to remove the needles, but I must have laid there for another 20 min awake! I felt like I was in the chair for 3+ hours, all of which were very relaxing. I would definitely do it again, and the price is definitely right.

The below picture ISN'T me, but I want to give you an idea of what it looks like to be a human pin-cushion :)

Major thanks go to one of my besties Gina aka Fitnessista (check out her amazing foodie blog!) for introducing me to such a wonderful experience. I'll probably go again in a week or two, who's coming with me?!

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to try acupuncture, but I'd be so scared to have someone putting needles in me! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really isn't bad! They are so, so gentle.

    ReplyDelete