Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Lonely Lunch

Before I start today's post...I'm sharing with you a new micro-feature that will hopefully reappear on most of my posts! Sad that I drink enough Starbucks per day to do something like this, but I love sharing my drinks with others and hearing about what they get. SO, here it is in all it's glory:
D.O.D! Excuse my weird hands and feast your eyes on this delicious treat. If you're looking for a light, low-cal drink to keep your thirst quenched, order this! Here's how to order it (if you want to avoid annoying your local barista by saying "I don't really know what it is, but it's pink"): Iced Venti, 1 pump Raspberry, 1 splenda, Passion Tea Lemonade. In this drink I left out the classic syrup, if they ask.
Try it, you just might fall in love. Let me know what you think about me including D.O.D in my posts! I don't want to annoy anyone with my expensive habits, so feeback is welcome.

Currently I'm sitting at a picnic table below the very first building built at the University of Arizona. It's neat because there is cactus all around me, the sun is shining, and birds are chirping the way they do in movies! Weather.com says it is 62 degrees. It can't get much nicer out. These days make me appreciate Tucson so much.

As I sit here under the 134 year old building, I'm munching a delectable salad. Now, you should know that I used to be scared of salads. Up until I was 14 or so, I despised the idea of a salad because when I pictured one, all I saw was lettuce smothered in ranch and croutons. It just didn't sound appealing in any way to me. My mother (whose birthday it is today!) was my inspiration to try salad in a not so typical way! She fixes them with tons of veggies, bell peppers, delicious avacado, light balsamic on the side, sprouts, etc. YUM. From then on, I've been a salad enthusiast and I've come up with a billion tasty combos. Here's what today's looks like:
This little baby has a mixture of spring/spinich leaves, cucumbers, chickpeas, roasted red peppers, feta, and boiled egg/flax seed for protein. I have my balsamic on the side, of course :) I purchased it at Core, a salad bar on the U of A campus!

Although school has been a drag today, I am thoroughly enjoying my lunch and I was able to buy this shirt before class:
Our men's basketball team, nicknamed the "Cardiac Cats" for good reason, have squeezed their way into the NCAA Sweet 16! Meaning they are 1 of 16 teams left fighting for the title of NCAA Champions. I apologize for boring any of you non-sports fans. I'm from a college town and we love our Wildcats! The game is tomorrow, and we play the ever-successful Duke. Fingers crossed that we can kick some blue devil booty.

Well, hope you are all enjoying your school/work/days off. Don't forget to enter the Giveaway that I'm wrapping up this coming Monday! Tell your friends about it so I can do giveaways more often <3

4 comments:

  1. That salad sounds awesome! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love to read about new drinks!! My favorite right now is iced toffee nut soy latte (not sure which order this goes in!)...Go Wildcats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have TONS of drink combos for you haha. I love the toffee nut and not many people do! Try toffee nut with white mocha! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think D.O.D is great! I'd definitely love to know all the drink combinations you know. I'm always looking for new drinks to try.

    ReplyDelete